Sunday, June 11, 2017

malia sinkler, final woa


Final work of art





I'm going to be completely honest and start off by saying that this project was very rushed. It didn't turn out how I had imagined it but the general idea got translated okay. My original plan was to have a symbol of activism in front of words or sayings. I then changed that to wanting to use mono printing for the background but that didn't work out so well. Then I decided I wanted the background to look something like the picture above but I couldn't get it right and didn't have time to perfect it. I changed it to just lines becuase that would have been the fastest way to get it done. For the symbol I wanted to use a foam plate and print it over the rainbow colors but I wouldn't have had time for that either so I just used sharpie. For this project I really didn't have any goals that stayed with me. I changed my plan so often that I guess one of the only "goals" that is still relevant is getting the general idea of my thumbnail sketches onto a different and larger paper. One of my goals that was lost was being able to write words in a bubble form neatly. I've never been good with writing in different fonts in general so I was hoping to improve. I obviously didn't end up accomplishing that goal too well. A goal that is always there for every project I do is being able to at the least translate my main message into my work. Just by looking at my project it is evident what is shows. The rainbow background represents gay rights and the raised fist is a widely popular symbol for activism. To sum up my feelings toward this project Im joust going to say "eh". It's not horrible but it's definitely not what I had planned. If I could redo my final exam blog I would probably change this to my least favorite work of art. So I guess you could say I'm not too happy with it. 

Reason why this is late: I finished my final exam post and submitted it and I went to start this one. My computer had low battery so I went to charge it and it wouldn't and still won't charge. It died and I can't put pictures into posts on my phone so I had to wait until I could come to my grandparents and use their computer. I totally understand if you take points off for it being late since it's so close to the end of the year tough!

No comments:

Post a Comment