Monday, January 16, 2017

Final Blog Post: Print Making


Final Blog: Print Making

My work:





Inspiration: 




This project did not go the way I had originally planned. Not that that's a bad thing though! I had originally planned to do the rainbow colors with mono printing and practiced tons with different techniques. When it came down to it I realized I was sick of how the whole thing looked just with printing so I changed the material and the design slightly. I had taken inspiration from one of my smaller pieces I did with screen printing. It didn't have color but had the shadowed stick figures which is the look I was going for. I didn't use much observation on this project but I did stretch and explore by trying out water color which I had never used before. The result wasn't bad for it being my first time working with it. I also used expression with this piece. It could represent many things but when I look at it the first thing I think if is something along the lines of this. Creativity and people's mind's are all so amazing and are expressed differently for everyone. No matter who you are or how tough life may be you're always going to express things in your own way. One of the very last things I did was add the black drip looking lines. The whole thing was actually a mistake. I was just going to do a grey paint splatter looking thing around the figure, but it ended up dripping down. I felt like it represented real life mixing with happiness and positive emotions. Its hard for me to just pick one main theme and meaning. I'm very glad that I chose to take a different path and try unexpected things because I feel like it really paid off! This was one of the projects that I was super eager to finish once I started which is unusual for most things having to deal with any assignments. I'm very proud of my work and am totally open to trying new things in future works now!

Failed attempts:
Some of my practice tries didn't come out as planned. Many times I didn't work quick enough and the paint dried. Other times I put too much paint and it gushed all over and mixed together. I felt that It wouldn't turn out correctly if I tried to do multiple mono prints on one large paper, and make them look like on big print.

(insert failed pics here)


And sorry for finishing late, I don't have a very good excuse besides me just knowing how to successfully procrastinate something important for four days and then getting super anxious because its always on the back of my mind yet I can't find the motivation to do it ¯\_ツ_/¯


2 comments:

  1. Hey Malia, I think you and I are so much the same I do exactly this: "knowing how to successfully procrastinate something important for four days and then getting super anxious because its always on the back of my mind yet I can't find the motivation to do it " I am still working to get better at this. I am sorry that this process didn't turn out exactly how you thought it would, but in the end you were able to make something you like and that is important. One thing I would have liked to know more about were the failed attempts - what went wrong? What did you learn from them? I also would have LOVED to have seen some of your experimental prints.

    ReplyDelete